Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Intro!

Good 'morrow, ladies 'n gents! My name is Setoth93, but you can call me "Setoth." The purpose of this blog is to act as a magickal diary of sorts. This way, I can look back on this and see how much I grow and develop as an occultist. I'm also using blogspot as part of an effort to stay in touch with some of my friends who use this site for personal journals and the likes. So...I guess I'll make this first post an "about me" posting because that seems like the appropriate kind of post to make.

Name: Setoth93, Setoth
What does it mean?:  "Setoth" is a portmanteau of "Set" and "Thoth." In Egyptian mythology, Set is the God of Chaos and Storms. He is the one who battles with Apep every day to claim the sky. He was also the one who ripped Osiris limb from limb. In turn, Thoth is the Egyptian God of Wisdom and Knowledge in its many forms. He was considered to be unbegotten, a characteristic shared with few characters in mythology (Christ comes to mind). He was often times considered the "Heart of Ra." This is doubly significant because to the ancient Egyptians, the heart was considered the source of thought, feeling, and emotion. Combined, the word "Setoth" represents "Wisdom From Chaos" and "Wisdom Through Chaos."
Brief History: I became involved with the occult when I was 15. I explored a variety of traditions and theories, ranging from Kaballah to Hermeticism to dabbling with the Goetia. I had read Crowley early on and always considered him a significant influence in my work, but it wasn't until a few months back that I decided to really explore Thelema from more than just an academic point of view.
Outside of occultism, I'm a full time college student and part time employee. I attend St. Edwards University, a small private Catholic university in Austin. I'm a business management major and english writing and rhetoric minor, though I'm not really much into either. College is just one of those things that's always been expected of me, so I'm just trying to enjoy the experience as much as I can.
Interests: Occultism, video games, politics (Libertarian-esque), philosophy and social contract theory, music, horror, technology, transhumanism, old TV shows.

And that's about all I got for now. And sorry for what an eyesore the blog is right now. I'll fix it later when I have photoshop open. Until then!

93/93

Next

No comments:

Post a Comment