Thursday, December 16, 2010

Lack of Posting

I don't post often because, well, I'm busy doing things. But today I'm in a good mood and suddenly remembered I had this silly little blog, so I decided to actually sorta update.

1. Played a test game of Malifaux today. Had a blast doing so. I was using the Hag starter set against proxied Ortegas. Considering those blasted gunslingers are designed to kill Neverborn I think I did alright. Still lost, but I at least hurt them pretty badly. It's pretty fun and plays quick once you know what you're doing.

2. So, I have come to the realization that Cheapo discs is awesome. Found myself a Sisters of Mercy bootleg with a song I love on it. Sadly I can't import the damn cd into my itunes so it's not on my iPod, but just the same it's a great listen.

3. I hate Xmas. I'm a self-proclaimed Scrooge and proud of it. The music is boring, trite, and overplayed. The "spiritual" overtones are nauseating since it's a stolen Pagan holiday anyways. In all honesty Xmas is more of a political holiday than a religious one. Plus the consumerism is sickening. My family's all mad at me because I haven't really shown interest in any presents. I don't want/need presents! I'm content with what I have! Why is this such a source of frustration?! Grrr, now I'm stressed because I don't want anything and they keep bugging me for stuff. Plus they want stuff and I don't know what to get them. I just want this stupid holiday to be done with.

3 (a). As a sub-note I actually had to sign a bunch of Xmas cards today. Xmas cards, and cards in general, are dumb. It's a waste of paper and card stock. They're prepackaged BS that somehow shows you care about someone? Puh-lease. The only message I get when I receive them is "Wow this person cared enough to spend about a dollar for a piece of professionally folded paper."

3 (b). Though as another subpoint, for Xmas I did buy two movies to appease my parents. Got Ingmar Burgman's "the Seventh Seal" and "Scooby Doo on Zombie Island" at the same time. The guy working the checkout counter at B&N looked rather confused. It amused me.

4. You know how hard it is to find a copy of Mage: the Ascension? Here's the thing, I used to see copies of them all the time at Half Price Books. I've gone to all but 2 in the surrounding area and have yet to find a copy. I don't understand. It doesn't make sense! It shouldn't be that hard to find...

5. This is probably my new favorite song in the whole wide world.


6. Watched some old horror movies, including "The Black Dragon" starring Bela Lugosi. He plays a plastic surgeon who transforms 6 members of the Japanese Black Dragon society into lookalikes for six of America's leading businessmen so they can replace them and destroy U.S. economic infrastructure (the movie takes place in, and was made during, the early 1940's). It wasn't too bad, better than most of the bullshit that you'll see on screen today. The acting was a little lower class than I would have preferred, but still not as dismal as, say, Keaneau Reeves or Megan Fox. Still haven't seen Metropolis yet, though I want to. That's going to be fun.

That's all for today folks. As always, Love Under Will.
93/93

Previous/Next

No comments:

Post a Comment